J&J released their Q3 results today:
– 2018 Third-Quarter Sales of $20.3 Billion Increased 3.6% versus 2017
– 2018 Third-Quarter EPS was $1.44
– 2018 Adjusted Third-Quarter EPS of $2.05 increased 7.9%*
– Strong Operational Sales and Adjusted EPS Growth*
– Company Increased Sales and EPS Guidance
The Q3 results spawned the following headlines.
– Reuters: Johnson & Johnson edges past profit estimates, lifts outlook
– CNBC: Johnson & Johnson beats expectations as cancer drugs, new baby care products help boost sales
– Bloomberg: J&J’s Growing Pharma Unit Helps Company Overcome Currency Woes
– Bloomberg: J&J Tops 3Q Estimates, Boosts Full-Year Profit Guidance
The growth was largely driven by the pharmaceutical segment and in particular oncology drugs (Zytiga®, Imbruvica® and Darzalex®). Other of the drugs driving the growth are Tremfya®, Trinza®, Simponi®, Opsumit® and Uptravi®.
The figures below summarise the Q3 results for each geographic segment, each product segment and for selected pharmaceutical drugs in a historical context.